Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall vacation

Anders and Fredrik have fall vacation this week. Along with Karin they took the train up to Vallentuna on Monday, and I went to Odense Denmark to be the external reviewer for an exam in Environmental Chemistry. There were 18 students in the class and we gave them each a 30 minute exam - 9 hours of work, a long day. I got up at 4 to make the 3 hour train trip from Lund. They got me a hotel room Monday night in Odense and then Tuesday morning I took the train back to Copenhagen and worked another long day and got back home to Lund late Tuesday night. Wednesday morning I took the train up to Vallentuna and am here now with my family, visiting Margit. We just got back from a walk to the church where Karin put flowers on her father's grave. Its a beautiful fall day today - blue skies, sun on the lake, and there are lots of birds around - a woodpecker, many pheasants, birch thrushes. Tomorrow (Friday) we will take the train back down to Lund and Saturday I will pick up our new (used) car. Lots of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment