Monday, September 20, 2010

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,
Karin has been up in Vallentuna for the last 4 days, helping her Mom to o through some of her father's things. My goal was to have fun with the kids. Its been busy and things went well. The kitchen is clean and I made loads of nutritious food. Fredrik still has laryngitis (three weeks now!) but is starting to be able to talk more. I kept him home from a scout hike and overnight - wind and rain and a sore throat don't mix. He played guitar, and played with his brother, and read Science Illustrated. Anders and I finished the birdhouse and got it put up in the pear tree, outside the dining room window.
You remember Allison gave the kids a book on making movies and I got them started on that. They put my digital camera on a tripod in front of a stage with lego characters. They would take a shot and then move the characters a little, and then take another shot. They were at it for hours and it turned out pretty well.
I have been doing a lot of work on the book lately - especially because we are teaching the class based on the book right now. I am writing problems for the students to go with each chapter. Takes a lot of time but I like the result and how it brings the text alive. The students seem to like it too but I have a tendency to write too many problems. Need to cut back, or only assign some of them.
I should go pick up Anders from school now - and then Karin from the train station.
Have you read about the Swedish election?
Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment